Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The Dignified Woman


This is one of my favorite verses. In fact, it’s probably considered a life verse for me. At a time in my life when I felt so unworthy and useless. I didn’t feel like I was good at anything and I felt like a very stupid person. The Lord began revealing scriptures to me about who He thought I was and who He created me to be. I reflect on this time as the beginning of my insatiable hunger for God's word.  I read “So Long, Insecurity” by Beth Moore and so began my journey to finding self-worth. It is such a great book filled with many truths of who God says we are. One of the verses she brought to life was this verse.

When we feel unloved, unworthy, useless, ugly, or stupid… then we can know... whole-heartedly and without a shadow of doubt that the Father has clothed us with strength and dignity. He has given us the strength we need to keep going through difficult times. To put our faith in Him to uphold us while we feel weak. He has clothed us with dignity… we aren’t stupid or useless.

We are daughters of the King and He upholds us with grace and beautiful character. In His eyes, as His child, He clothes us with strength and dignity. This means we are clothed with moral character. Another way of translating these words would be that we are clothed with vigor and honor.

Vigor is to have mental and/or physical strength. To put forth effort and enthusiasm. Honor is to mean we have great respect and esteem. To be held in a place of honor. This is how the Father looks at us!

And because of the confidence instilled in her by God, then she is confident in facing the futures of tomorrow. She is not boasting, but rather this refers also to her preparing for the future.

Are you a dignified woman? Do you believe that you are who God says you are? Oh Sister.... you are so loved by our Heavenly Father! I pray you realize how He sees you and that one day you'll wake up and see yourself as a dignified woman of the King!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Administrator of this blog will delete any comments that are seen as offensive.